Monday, December 1, 2014

Pumpkin Favorites

I hope everyone had a marvelous Thanksgiving Day!

Ours was very eventful. Mr. J and I headed up for Maine early Wednesday to beat the snow storm coming later in the day. We arrived just after 11 am and soon after that the snow started to fall. We were all warm and cozy eating up BBQ Wednesday night. We went to bed dreaming of turkey but woke up to no power. 

We have some caffeine fiends in my family so after a little searching we found a Cracker Barrel not far away which was opened. We all piled into the car not waiting for showers and headed off to breakfast. We realized they were open all day long and figured we might just be showing up again later for our Thanksgiving day meal. 

The power ended up coming back on around 11 am but at that point my mom was convinced the turkey was no longer good. She didn't want anyone getting sick on her watch and she refused to cook it.  No stores were open to get a new one so we ended up ordering some sliced turkey and gravy at Cracker Barrel. My mom cooked all the sides just like normal.  The turkey was OK. The sides were amazing. Funny how we all determined our favorite part of the day had nothing to do with the turkey.  

We had a great meal and were thankful to be together with the power back on so early in the day.  This was definitely a Thanksgiving for the record books.

But now it is December and although I am in full blow Christmas mode with cookies and presents I wanted to remind you of a few yummy pumpkin recipes. If you are like me I haven't gotten enough. I am going to somehow fit a few more in the next month right along side the gingerbread and cookies.



Pumpkin Scones

Pumpkin Pancakes
Pumpkin Spiced Latte Smoothie 
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake


Pumpkin Toffee Cookies
Cinnamon Oat Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Waffles
Pumpkin Banana Ice Cream 


Pumpkin Carrot Bars
Pumpkin Bread
Nutella Filled Pumpkin Muffins
Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts 
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies 


Are you done baking with pumpkin for the year?

What is your favorite pumpkin recipe?



5 comments:

  1. My kids want pumpkin bread all year round so I'm sure I'll be making a batch for the holidays. Sounds like you had a Thanksgiving you won't forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin isn't something we go crazy for here in Australia, but you guys sure do think of some tasty ways to eat it! Every year I get so jelly for all the pumpkin spiced lattes I see on blogs. I would love to try pumpkin toffee cookies though!

    Lauren / And Together We

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could pick my favorite pumpkin recipe, I have too many! I love the collection here, I definitely need to get more into the pumpkin baking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...