Thursday, October 6, 2011

Best Is Yet To Come


It's pumpkin time!  Although I have a list of all things pumpkin I want to make this year I have to start with something that will always have a place in my heart.  You just cannot go wrong with the classic pumpkin bread.


Pumpkin Bread
From Cooking Down East

Ingredients:
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
1 16oz canned pumpkin
3 1/3 cup flour
2 tsp soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
pinch of cloves3 cup sugar

Just ignore the fact there are 3 cups of sugar in this recipe. Add it and forget it.

Directions:
1. Beat eggs.  Add oil, water, and pumpkin and mix well.

2.  Sift flour.  Measure and sift together with the sugar, soda, salt, and spices.  Make a well in the center of these ingredients and add the pumpkin mixture to this.  Stir well, so that all is mix.

3. Turn into 3 well-oiled loaf tins.  Bake at 350 degreesfor1 hour.  Remove pans from oven.  Set on rack to cool.

Bread freezes well.  To mix things up a bit I like to add 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips or dried cranberries to the batter before baking.

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic pumpkin bread. It would be great for breakfast on the go, or with coffee. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! Thanks for voting for me on Foodbuzz. So kind of you! Wow, I love this pumpkin bread. I don't think I have every had pumpkin bread. This will certainly go in my Fall recipe list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin bread, yum! I'm so happy to see pumpkin making it's seasonal appearance. I am OBSESSED with it. This looks like a simple but delicious loaf of bread:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right - you can never go wrong with pumpkin bread! It's so tasty and makes the kitchen smell amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love classic pumpkin bread like this! It's so perfect and yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great pumpkin bread! Such a classic for a reason, so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sigh* you're right....you can't go wrong with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The recipe is easy and the bread is a sure shot winner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love anything pumpkin this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...