Monday, October 31, 2011

Snickerdoodles


 Happy Monday! Happy Halloween! I am still trying to get over the freak snow storm on Saturday.  Lucky for me the week's temperatures are suppose to get up in the 50s and sunny.  I don't have anything too exciting going on this week.  I am in the office till Friday when I will be taking a little jaunt up to Albany for the day.  I am hoping the warmer, sunnier days down here will make it up there.  I recently ordered new work clothes...all of which are dresses and skirts.  Not sure I was thinking clearly at the time.  Even with tights I think my legs are going to freeze.

As for the cookies...Well, they taste good even though they look a little ugly funky. I thought "bigger is better".  I was wrong.  My oven was acting funny this weekend.  It was probably rebelling against the long break I gave it over the summer.  I decided the best way to stay warm is standing in front of a heat 350 degree oven.  It was on for about 4 hours Saturday afternoon as I made 3 different types of cookies and roasted a chicken.  I got my cookie groove on to prep for the holidays.  I had to practice and taste test all of the cookies I will be making and giving away in a few short weeks.

The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2011

In fact I recently signed up for the The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2011 put on by Love & Olive Oil and The Little Kitchen. You agree to bake 3 dozen cookies and send them out to three different bloggers. In return you will receive 3 different dozen cookies yourself.  Great idea right?  I cannot wait. You have till November 18th to sign up.  I highly recommend it.






Snickerdoodles


Ingredients:
1 1/2
C sugar
1/2C
butter , softened
1/2C
shortening
eggs
2 3/4
C all-purpose flour
2
 tsp cream of tartar
1
 tsp baking soda
1/4
 tsp salt
1/4
C sugar
2
 tsp ground cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
  2. Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
  3. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
  4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

11 comments:

  1. Oooh, looks tasty! I signed up for the swap last week as well, it'll be my first time and I am waaay excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies are such a classic favorite. I make them every year and they always are well received. I wish I had a few right now.
    Enjoy your time in Albany!

    ReplyDelete
  3. snickerdoodles remind me of being little, my friend's mom always made them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cookies look delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fun! I'm thinking about signing up for the cookie swap too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love snickerdoodles! I'll think about joining the cookie swap. It does sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm snickerdoodles! They are so yummy! I joined the cookie swap the other day... I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cookies are the perfect antidote to a snowstorm. They smell heavenly when baking and taste even better. Can't go wrong with a classic, Wishing I could swipe your lovelies...

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cookies have so much memories attach for everyone...Right.
    Love your recipe...
    Cookie swap sounds like a fun idea....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funky looking or not they look delicious! I can't indulge because of a cinnamon allergy - but they're my kids favorites!

    BTW - it's WAY past time! I'm now following you on Google Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That happens to me all the time for my cookies. A cookie exchange sounds great! One thing I love about christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...