Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Where the Wild Things Are


I feel like I have neglected my time in Disney.  First, I meant to post while I was there.  Then, I had posts planned out for the week we got back.  Now we are on to week three and I have yet to even share a few highlights.


Mr. J's favorite part of Disney is the Animal Kingdom.  More specifically he loves the Africa safari ride.  I think he do the whole tour from memory.  Each of the guides have there own spin on the dialogue for the ride and we had quite the extreme on our handful of times on the ride.  Having one guide scream "Winning" when we caught the poachers gave us a nice laugh.


I am not sure what he likes more about this ride, the animals themselves or being able to take pictures of them.  From this trip alone we have over 300 pictures of  the animals.  Some are great, others not so much.  I was amused at his attempts to focus and shoot in the short time allotted at each stop. Let's just say his wasn't so fast all of the time.


We were lucky enough to get a couple of glances at this cute fellow.  A baby elephant that was born only 3 weeks before our visit.  Elephants have always had a special place in my heart.  Part of this is because my name is Emily.  It's an "E" thing and I feel connect. No I cannot give further explanation but he was 300 pounds of adorable-ness.


The ride lasts about 20 minutes and if you are lucky you get to see all sorts of animals.  Some much closer than I would ever choose to be.  This trip we had to wait a couple of times for the animals to cross the road so our truck could continue.  Mr. J  couldn't help himself capturing the scene even if it wasn't the best angle for the rhinoceros.


3 comments:

  1. Ha, the safari ride is one of the best things at Animal Kingdom. I also like the Bug's Life show in the Tree of Life (or whatever it's called!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Safari Ride. My SIL actually works at Animal Kingdom. It was so fun to go on that ride with her the first time - she is so full of extra info. Great place to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! I love going to Disney and the Animal Kingdom is so different from the rest of the parks...and FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...