Friday, October 14, 2011

Molly's Wedding


The whole reason for going to Chicago was for my dear friend Molly's wedding.  We have a long Bryn Mawr history.  We met at Bryn Mawr freshman year in our Intro. French class.  She also lived on the floor above mine in the dorms.  We bounded over our strange roommate experiences.  We continued through all of our French classes together and eventually landed in Paris junior year.  While in France she met Kaspar. 


The wedding was held at the University Club of Chicago.  The room reminded me very much of the Great Hall at Bryn Mawr. It was a great setting for a wedding.


I don't know how I ended up in the worst seat ever for pictures.  This is actually one of the better ones.  Although Molly is a bit lost you can see the big smile on Kaspar's face.


The bride was beautiful and I had such a great time seeing old friends and meeting new.  Molly's family is a big catholic family.  They were all so welcoming and friendly.  We had a marvelous time.


Of course for me, I love seeing what the food will be.  They had a beautiful cake that matched the invitations.  And the squirrel cake toppers were so cute.  I think they might rival my lobsters.


The first course was butternut squash ravioli.  It was very rich and dense; I could have eaten a pot full.  Somehow I missed the picturing the Caesar salad.  I was very happy to have some greens after all of our not-so-healthy dinning in Chicago.


The main course was Amish Chicken.  Not sure what that is exactly but we dined on a split chicken breast with saute onions between.  The sauce was so light and just kept the chicken moist.  My favorite part was the potatoes dauphinoise.


Of course, wedding cake finished the night off.  Mr. J and I left feeling quite old.  We walked out the door around 11:30pm, way past our normal bedtime.  Sunday we were slow getting out the door and I kind of feel like I am still recovering.  Regardless, we had a great time and I was so happy to be able to celebrate the big day with the bride and groom.  Congratulations!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Molly, looks like a lovely wedding. The cake is stunning-I am one that does not like a bunch of decorations and this one is just right. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! What a nice wedding. I love weddings and love to look at people's wedding pictures. That cake is too cute with the squirrels on top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wedding!!! Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning cake! the potatoes looks pretty amazing, too! I'm glad you made it for your friend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had such a great time at your friend's wedding! I assume the squirrels have something to do with Bryn Mawr. I went to Lehigh University not far from there and squirrels were EVERYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...