Monday, October 3, 2011

Chill Chili

Oh fall, you certainly crept up on me.  Can you believe it is October?  This is my favorite time of the year and I feel like I am going to be missing it.  I don't want to think about snow any time soon.


There has been a chill in the air the last few days and all I can think about is soup and stews.  Mr. J is not a big of soup.  For him it is something that comes in advance of the main course.  I don't know about how things go in your household but I just don't have time to prepare multi-course meals.  Normally,  I will make a soup on the weekends and then have it for lunch the rest of the week.  Mr. J is spared the supposedly non-filling dish for dinner.  Chili on the other had has meat in it.  If I top it off with some beans there is no way he can complain that it is not worthy of main course status.

Super Fast Chili

Ingredients:
1 green pepper, roughly chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 fresh jalapeno, sliced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato paste
3/4 LB ground beef or turkey
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 tsp chipolte powder
1 Tbsp crushed red peppers

1. Saute onion and green peppers until they soften.  Add garlic and jalapenos, cook for about 1 minute.

2.  Add ground beef and cook till almost done.  Then add beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices.  Mix together until combined.

3.  Cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes depending on how hungry you are.  Serve topped with cheese and corn chips.

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's October... I miss the 80 degree weather. :(

    But, the best part of this season is the delicious food such as this chili... yummers!
    I like that it's super fast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the chipotle powder in this recipe and the fact that you include jalapenos - I have a hard time calling it chili without jalapenos in it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chili is perfect for the fall weather! This is my favorite time of year also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's still too hot here for chili but I want some anyway and now you've just reminded me... Yum.

    And the festival looks so fun! Why didn't I go? (oh yeah. far away. But still!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fall and I love chili. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chili looks delicious! Fortunately, Honey Bunny likes both chili and soup as a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this chilli looks amazing - and of course being an Indian nothing is too hot or spicy for me ;)
    I love your blog!!!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru
    Latest: Fresh Fruit Tart

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...