As part of the Tastemakers program from Foodbuzz I received a sample of Godiva's seasonal Pumpkin Spice Coffee. It took about two weeks for me to finally open up the package and try a pre-baking sample. This was a bad idea as the coffee itself was delicious. I simply wanted to have some everyday and not use it for anything else.
Then, I saw this pumpkin coffee cake in a magazine and knew it was meant to be. The recipe is somewhat complicated. I managed to fill the dishwasher just with this one cake. It was delicious and well worth the effort. We were fighting over the last piece within 24 hours.
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake
Ingredients:Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cream Cheese Swirl
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons Godiva Pumpkin Spice coffee power
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Pumpkin Coffee Cake
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon Godiva Pumpkin Spice coffee
1-2 tablespoons brewed Godiva Pumpkin Spice coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper and spry with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare pumpkin latte cream cheese swirl. In a medium bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer for about 1 minute until fluffy. Add eggs, espresso powder, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix on low until smooth.
- Prepare Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake. Whisk flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir heavy cream and pureed pumpkin until dissolved. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream butter on medium speed until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Slowly drizzle in sugar and continue mixing. Add eggs one at a time and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Alternate the addition of the remaining dry and wet ingredients into the butter mixture.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with a 2-3 inch thick layer of cake batter. Pour cream cheese mixture over the top and with a spoon swirl into the cake batter. Top with remaining cake batter and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Prepare drizzle while cake cools.
- In a small bowl whisk together confectioners sugar, instant espresso powder and 1 tablespoon brewed coffee. Use additional brewed coffee to thin drizzle if too thick.