Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another one bites the dust

I woke up this morning knowing that I would need an extra boost to get through the day. I have been dragging lately. Getting home a half day late really threw off my plans for what I wanted to get done.


Sometimes it is hard to eat something so cold in the morning when it is snowy outside but I slurped this smoothie down no problem.

Look at my little car. Thanks to my great hubby I could drive this morning. Yesterday when we got back I was plowed in. I had about a foot of snow behind me and two feet on the driver's side. He said it only took about 30 minutes but I am grateful not to have to rely on him to get around. I think he is grateful for this as well.


When we got back to the apartment we had all sorts of goodies waiting for us. Silly me, I thought Christmas was over. We had a pile of mail with fun Christmas cards, and a few packages. Two of them were from completing things off of our wedding registry. We got a sweet 12 inch griddle pan and a 5 inch Santuko knife.

Maine allowed me some extra time to read and relax. I am was able to finish a fun, what I call smutty book a friend of mine at work loaned me. Jennifer Weiner wrote In Her Shoes. You might remember the movie they made. Anyway this novel Good in Bed entertained me on the play to and from West Virginia and then in Maine. Unfortunately I finished it right before the snow started so I lacked reading entertainment on the snow day.


I enjoyed the book and I do want to mention the title is a bit of misnomer. It refers to a magazine column one of the charactors in the book reads. Fun read!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't imagine dealing with that much snow! Yikes. Although I do like being able to snuggle up with a book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...