Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Let the Baking begin...almost

I am in ice cold West Virginia for a few days. If you are lucky I might post a picture of where I am so you might have a better idea. I am not in a very holiday spirit. I want to be home with Jordan preparing for our trip to Maine for Christmas. To get a bit cheerful, to be pleasant for my co-workers, I am listen to Christmas music in the hotel room (Sorry to my neighbors if they can hear me), and posting about yummy Christmas flavors.


Peppermint bark

Ingredients
Crushed candy canes, to yield 1 cup
2 pounds white chocolate
Peppermint flavorings, optional



Directions
1. Place candy canes in a plastic bag and hammer into 1/4-inch chunks or smaller.



2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time. Stir after each time till melted.




3. Combine candy cane chunks with chocolate

4. Add peppermint flavoring.

5. Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet layered with parchment or waxed paper and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until firm.


6. Remove from cookie sheet and break into pieces (like peanut brittle.)


It makes a great Christmas gift for a special someone with a sweet tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...