Thursday, December 16, 2010

Books, Books, Books

I love to read. Since graduating high school I have found a real pleasure from reading. It is great fun to go to a library or book store and browse all of the shelves. There are so many possibilities. I normally read quite a bit, averaging one or two books a month. However when the wedding planning started my reading basically dropped off. I started one or two books and never finished them. Yikes! I hate doing that, I really really do.



All that is about to change though. I am currently reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer. You know the Twilight author. I got the book originally for the honeymoon. But then a friend lent me a different book. I raced through that and then only got about 1/4 of the way through The Host. Last week though I was determined to finish if once and for all. To be honest, it is kind of a far out book, pretty Sci-Fi for my taste. That wasn't the reason though that I stopped reading it. When I travel I like to have some entertainment on the plane however this book is 600 plus pages and the thing weighed a ton. I could never bring myself to lug it around with all of my other clothes, work and random travel stuff I absolutely needed to have.

Now back to the book, I finished it the other night. I was so proud. My goal is back to two books per month. Reading lets you make your own world while you are reading. I use reading to take me to all of the places (literally and figuratively) I cannot be. I am very much looking forward to see where my ventures take me.

Now you understand my need for a Nook. For those of you who love me there is still some shopping time left!

4 comments:

  1. Once I got into it and my groove with reading again I flew through it. I did really like the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's funny Em, I was just thinking about doing a blog post on reading because that's all I've been doing lately. I'm on the third book (of 3) of the "Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" series. LOVE it. "The Host" was good... I read it fast, but no Twilight, sorry Stephenie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.. PS... I am SO intrigued by the Nook. I love books though so I don't know if i can do it or not. But my sister in law has one, and the "e-ink" is SO cool

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...