Friday, December 31, 2010

Love, Love, Love

Happy New Year's Eve!

Here we are at the end of 2010.  This year flew by and just when I am ready to move (sadly) on from Christmas more presents keep coming.  Last night when I got home from work there was another box from my cookie exchange partner.  I am one lucky girl.  J from A Half Baked Life decided to make a second round of goodies.  This time was white chocolate, cranberry cookies and cream cheese brownies.   One of my favorite all time cookies are white chocolate, cranberry.  Jordan is in ultimate heaven with all of the sweet treats around.  So much for him being worried about poison.  Thanks J!  They were delicious; we ate a few before I grabbed my camera.

 I also got a package from a dear friend who I don't get to see nearly enough.  I hope that changes in 2011 but the resolutions will come tomorrow.  Anyway for some reason or another people tell me some weird things.  More than once I have been told I eat like a rabbit.  I am not sure if this is a compliment or not.  I think of rabbits eating lots of greens and not that much.  Clearly this was told to me before I lived with Jordan.  I kind of think I eat like a very carnivorous horse.  I run so I can keep eating but even then I don't know if I am successful.  Anyway that is not the point.  I received this gift with a note saying it was "very Emily".  I get this a lot too like certain things are just me.  It's hard to get my mind around some of the time but I will have to say I like these napkins very very much.

Each napkin has a very classic picture of a rooster. I am a bit obsessed with roosters.  Don't ask me why.  In real life I will run very far from them.  Do you know how vicious roosters can be?  They are mean!  I do think they are very pretty though and I love having things reflecting that beauty.  In the past few years they have become quite trendy but my obsession started way back in high school when I worked at a farm.  That was some 8 years ago (YIKES!).

Maybe in another post I will document my rooster collection.  I will be posting a Christmas recap some time soon as Jordan and I got all sorts of sweet things.  I feel so lucky and fornuate to have such great friends and family.  Thanks a bunch!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...