Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Triple Chocolate Cookies


Can I tell you how much I love reading the comments on the posts. It makes me feel connected and important. Sad, I know but it really does make my day when I see someone has commented. I decided after yesterday's post it would be a fantastic idea to let you see where I am.

Yep, that's right, the purple dot is me. Now maybe you understand a bit more when I state how much I want to be home.
But on to the point of this post. I was super busy this past weekend doing Christmas baking. I love it so without further adieu let the baking begin...

Triple Chocolate Cookies
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Makes about 3 dozen

• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
• 6oz chocolate chunks
• 6 oz white chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Melt 4 ounces coarsely chopped chocolate with the butter in a small heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; let cool slightly.


2. Put chocolate mixture, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks.





3. Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are flat and surfaces crack, about 15 minutes (cookies should be soft). Let cool on parchment on wire racks. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.

If you stick them in the microwave for 10 seconds, they return to the warm, gooey goodness of fresh out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...