Sunday, December 19, 2010

A weekend cut short

My weekend ends early this week. I have to go to West Virginia this afternoon. I am not looking forward to it. It is Sunday and Jordan just got home. It's the week of Christmas and although I am done with shopping I still feel like I have a ton to do. I don't want to leave! To make matters worst I think I had one of the most perfect Saturdays. Here is a little piece...

We had our special dinner on Saturday night since I was going to be driving somewhere in West Virginia come Sunday evening. Jordan proclaimed first thing in the morning that he wanted a home cooked meal after eating out all of last week. I came up with a healthy chicken, green bean, and red potato concoction. As normal Jordan added some of his heart attach flair.

Jordan's plate - see the bacon piled on top of the barely visiable chicken tenders. Under that is a blue cheese butter mixture.

My plate had some arugala and not blue cheese butter but just a touch of bacon.

As if that weren't enough we shared some Christmas cookies...more on the cookies to come.

Jordan's bacon fat, butter, garlic, and blue cheese mixture. He said it was the best thing ever. I think I might have died if I sampled it.
His bacon

I tried to stay out of the kitchen since normally we spat over the best way to cook dinner. I kept my mouth shut tonight knowing that he always uses both olive oil and butter.

Everyone rolls there eyes at me when I say Jordan uses so many pots, pans, and dishes when he cooks. Do you believe me now? This isn't even that bad for him and you can't even see the two other cutting boards on the other side of the oven.

But do you see the pretty pots. I love the Caphalon Unison set we got for the wedding. Thanks mom and dad! The fancy glass tops remind me of France.

Enough about dinner though. We braved Route 1 in Milford, CT to make a trip to Trader Joe's. I got some of my favorites and this big book of Joe-Joe's. I have never had them but heard they are delicious. They only come out at the holidays and the individual boxes were already sold out. I cannot wait to sample the pepper, double chocolate, peanut butter chocolate, and ginger sandwich cookies. Yum, Yum!


I did a lot of baking Friday night and Saturday morning for the cookie exchanged. This was the finished product. Recipes to come later this week - Ultimate ginger cookies, Triple chocolate chunk cookies, and old time favorite Peppermint bark.


Just as I got back from shipping my cookie box off, I found this at the front door. My cookie exchange box with Chocolate toffee, pinwheel cookies, and sugar cookies. Our aparmtent is full of cookies and they are all so good!


I also go my hair chopped off. I love getting my hair shampoo'd and cut by a professional. It feels so soft for days. Since the wedding my hair has gotten ridiculously long - 9 inches in total was chopped off and now I feel like I am going through a bit of an identity crisis. Oh well it will grow back soon enough. Happy weekend and be on the look out for all of the recipes to come this week!

2 comments:

  1. You should really include pictures when you give revelations like that. Let's see the hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's short. I like it but completely different from what it was. I can barely put it in a ponytail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...