Monday, December 6, 2010

Blown away

It was cold in the city, very very cold! In the two days we were there we moved quite a bit. There was a lot to see but I think we wanted to stay warm as well. I don't have all of the pictures. I kept my hands in my pockets some of the time but here are the highlights.

We went to the Natural history museum. This is the largest one in the world. I did my best to be a good sport but these things are not my cup of tea. Not to mention we did the brief overview tour first thing and I am not much of a stander. I can walk forever but making me stand in one place for 20 minutes just wipes me out. I heard it takes 5 hours to see the whole thing. We were there about 3 hours and probably only saw 1/5 of the collection. The building is crazy big and very easy to get lost in.


Of course we stopped by Rockefeller Center to see the tree. Somehow I didn't get any pictures of the tree but here is a cute nutcracker in the plaza.

Times Square was as happening as always. I still find it hard to imagine what New Year's Eve is like down there. We did spot the Charmin bathroom spot. Crazy the things that pop up in the city this time of year.

We went to the windows of Macy's. I love Miracle on 34th Street. I watch the movie every year. I do enjoy looking at the windows at Macy's. It is quite magical.




Among other things we had to go to Radio City Music Hall and see the Rockettes. It was great fun and was so happy to hear that Jordan enjoyed it too.

I am so ready for Christmas now I can barely contain myself. 20 more days to go....

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...