Monday, December 20, 2010

Roasted


What do you do when you have a ton of veggies to use and its freezing outside? Why not roast them?

I really love roasted veggies. You can make a huge pan in advance and then eat through out the week. In the winter roasted veggies are a great way to get your veggie intake for the day. I have real issues in the wintertime eating cold salads. I always feel like I am not getting enough veggies. Anyway I love adding hot veggies on a bed of greens. You can also have them on hand to make a quick omelette or add on top of any grain - rice or couscous. Today however we shall have soup.

Roasted Veggie soup


Ingredients:
1/2 bag baby carrots
1/2 quart grape
tomatoes
1 quart mushrooms
1 medium onion
1 head broccoli
zucchini
2 cloves garlic
2 cans chicken broth

Directions:
1. Cut up veggies in bowl. Toss in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay on cookie sheet and roast in oven set at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes. Veggies should be soft but not mushy.

2. Saute mushrooms and garlic in sauce pan till tender.


3. Put veggies and chicken broth in blender. Depending on blender size this may take two batches.


4. Blend to consistency you desire. I like to have it thicker with mini veggies pieces.



5. Top with shredded cheese if desired.


So it does look a bit like baby food but it was very very tasty. I loved it. The batch made a ton so I used lots of containers to have lunch for the next day and some to freeze for another cold night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...