Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cinnamon Filled Pumpkin Muffins



I haven't made pumpkin muffins yet this year. I had hopes of streusel topped muffins, but to be honest when it came down to it I just got lazy.  Hurricane preparations and all.These would be great with a little topping.




These muffins are sweet. I blame all of the brown sugar.  Don't get me wrong though, I am not mad.  In fact I quite enjoyed these little treats for the last three days.  Like the cookies they soothed my mind.




I was wondering if at this point I would be a little tired of pumpkin.  After these muffins though there is no question in my mind. I don't think it is possible for me to tire of pumpkin.




These are good, more dessert like than breakfast but that didn't stop me from enjoying these each morning.




Cinnamon Filled Pumpkin Muffins

by Emily Morris, Sweet Pea's Kitchen
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes



Ingredients (24 muffins)
For the Muffins:
  • 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon allspice
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Brown Sugar Cinnamon Filling:
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Dash of nutmeg
  • 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into chunks
Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two muffin tins with paper liners or spray with cooking spray; set aside.

To make the brown sugar cinnamon filling, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice; set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and combined. Add the flour mixture, stirring gently, until the ingredients are just combined.

Fill each muffin cup halfway with batter. Sprinkle the brown sugar cinnamon filling over each muffin cup. Top the muffins with remaining batter so the filling is covered.

Bake until muffin tops are just firm and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 18 to 22 minutes. Remove pans from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Powered by Recipage

5 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I am on a pumpkin kick myself. I am making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fantastic. I'm nowhere near sick of pumpkin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how these would make a great breakfast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so wonderful! Love the idea of cinnamon filled anything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...