Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Happy Days and WIAW


Two very small things made me very happy yesterday...
  1. In-flight Internet service
  2. Free L'Occitane lotion at the Atlanta airport

I was traveling back from North Carolina later in the day and after two busy days the emails had piled up.  I also had a ton of personal things that I felt needed to get done.  Sure, looking at recipes online doesn't seem so pressing but I want to have some good weekend meals. Meals that need recipes.  I bit the bullet and paid for 90 minutes.  

I spent half of it doing work work.  Lots of emails and scheduling and tracking.  Let's just say today will be much better because I no longer have all of these little things to do.  I then got to Skype with my sister in law (texting, not video).  Pretty cool if you ask me.  Then I was able to blog and recipe hunt. If you got a comment from me, I was 30,000 feet in the air.

I had a coupon for a free mini lotion at L'Occitane.  Pretty neat if I actually lived close to a store.  The closest one is about 50 minutes away.  Not a trip I was willing to take just for a little lotion. I did want it though.  It so happened that our gate in Atlanta was just next to a L'Occitane store in the airport.  I was skeptical they would accept the coupon...from my phone no less, but it worked.  Score!

And now what did I eat.  Well I was a pretty forgetful blogger about what I ate yesterday.  Here is my best hodge podge the last few days.


This was my breakfast compliments of the Hilton in Durham, NC.  Oatmeal with toppings, including peanut butter and coffee with chocolate milk never gets old.  Who needs eggs?


This was breakfast on Monday before I took off on my trip.  A baguette leftover from our trip to NYC topped with Nutella and banana.  Can I have this every day for breakfast?  Or lunch?  It didn't keep me as full for as long and my typical breakfast but it sure is delicious.

My real lunch was tuna and avocado roll with brown rice from Whole Foods.  Brown rice just doesn't cut it for me with sushi.  Lunch was a bit disappointing.  Good thing I grabbed a cookie too. 


Dinner Sunday was stir fry from Mr. J. Chicken, veggies, noodles, and hot sauce.  We needed something spicy after our weekend indulgences.  This is my lunch today as well.  Love leftovers on a busy week.

Real dinner was pretty sad but kind of just what I needed.  I grabbed an Orange Surprise smoothie from Freshens and a pretzel from Auntie Anne's.  Yikes on the nutrition side but oh so good.

What did you eat this week?


Spooky Snacks and Healthy Halloween Treats

13 comments:

  1. Can't ever go wrong w/ an Auntie Annes pretzel. sometimes they are just worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it downed it before I even got back to my gate.

      Delete
  2. It's the little things!! In flight wi-fi makes flights so much better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to remember the little things more often :)

      Delete
  3. Wait, was the internet service free? It has always cost extra on the flights that I've been on. But that would be awesome!

    I think another WIAW blogger had a pretzel on her eats too, and that made me think of pretzels as a kid. I almost always just had a plain, salted pretzel from Auntie Anne's, but my brother always got a cinnamon sugar pretzel with caramel sauce. I never once tried it--- too sweet for me... What is your favorite pretzel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I had to pay. I am hoping during the holidays they might be nice and have some free periods.

      Delete
  4. Smile. That would make me very happy too! There is nothing like in-flight wi-fi. Makes a cramped fight all the better! We've got to rejoice in the small things, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It surely is the little things that matter! I would be happy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh mythat banana nutella bread looks so good. I love in flight internet too, makes it go by so much faster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My session ended right when we were getting to the point of electronics off. I couldn't believe we were arriving already.

      Delete
  7. Those noodles look wonderful and I love the banana and nutella too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just cannot go wrong with Nutella and bananas. I could eat that every day.

      Delete
  8. All these are small things but we should find happiness in small things as well which makes our life more enjoyable. I always do it!

    how to enjoy life

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...