Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hickory Park, Ames Iowa


Going to Iowa meant a list of restaurants that I grew up visiting and loving.  Top on the list was Hickory Park Restaurant Co. in Ames.  Mr. J has been hearing about this restaurant since we met. 

Hickory Park is known for their BBQ.  Mr. J loves BBQ so of course he was interested in going.



We ended up getting all sorts of ribs, BBQ chicken and smoked meats. Between the six people who came we had lots of food and we all nibbled from each others platters.



Funny enough, I didn't really love BBQ growing up.  I came to Hickory Park for one reason.


Ice Cream Sundaes!


These pictures aren't the best but let me lure you with my words. They have a full place mat menu of ice cream sundaes.  Many are fashioned from candy bars.  They have a Snickers, Milky Way, and Peppermint Pattie. 

Think of your favorite candy bar and they will have a Sundae for you.  Of course if you are more traditional they also have the banana split.


I have grown to enjoy BBQ but I will always come here for the ice cream. 

Hickory Park Restaurant Co.
1404 S. Duff Avenue
Ames, Iowa 50010-0765
Phone: (515) 232-8940
Fax: (515) 232-7275
Hours: Sun-Thur 10:30 am - 9:00 p.m.
Fri-Sat 10:30 am - 10 p.m. 

1 comment:

  1. Did you know I grew up in Ames? We go to Hickory Park every time we visit...mainly so Katie can have one of her favorite sundaes. My dad and Bill love the BBQ...but I'm with you, the sundaes are the BEST :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...