Saturday, October 27, 2012

Next Week

It is 1pm on Saturday and I am ready for a long nap.  

Next week my calendar looks like this:


Blue means traveling.  Everyday next week involves travel, including a flight out on Tuesday to Illinois.  You know what else is coming on Tuesday?  A hurricane.  I wish they could tell me now where and when it was going to hit.  

I think regardless of the exact location at this point we are in the action area for sure.


All morning I have been running around trying to secure water (extremely difficult but we managed to get 3 gallons), buy food staples, and do laundry.  My food staples include the following items...


Don't judge.  I am thinking of my mental state. If we loose power for a prolonged period, these will do me good.

I think cookies will also do the trick.  I made 12 mini cookies already before realizing that if the storm doesn't come till Monday night or Tuesday that these will probably all be already gone.  Silly me. 


All that is left is a trip to the library for a stock pile of entertaining books and gas for my car.

So much for a relaxing Saturday!  What are you up to this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I am freaking out about this hurricane. It is gonna be such a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, I can relate. We went out and did our "panic shopping" :) A big pot of homemade soup, a pie and lots of snuggling and watching unfortunate TV reporters enduring the weather on some weather torn beach.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...