Thursday, December 13, 2012

Snickers Pie


Need a sweet treat to end the week on?  I do.  Things this week were C.R.A.Z.Y.



This Snickers Pie has been floating around the internet for a while.  From the minute I saw it I knew eventually it would find its way to my kitchen.  I took a few recipes, used the most healthy additions, and then took some store bought short cuts.



Instead of making my own crust, I bought an Oreo crust pre-made.  The recipe below describes how to make caramel sauce.  I used fancy caramel sauce I received as a gift a few months ago.  Total hands on time was about 20 minutes.



While you are waiting for it to set, feel free to scrape the blender clean. Mr. J and I were arguing over the spatula.   He was shocked when I said there was soy milk and tofu in the pudding mixture.  And then he ate some more.






Snickers Pie

by Emily Morris, Adapted from Eat, Live, Run
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Keywords: dessert chocolate pie



Ingredients (serves 8)
for filling
  • 1/2 cup chocolate soy milk
  • 12 oz dark chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 12 oz silken tofu
for serving
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 10 oz caramels, unwrapped and chopped roughly + 2 tbsp heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
  • flaky sea salt
Instructions
Make the chocolate pudding filling by melting the chocolate chips using a double boiler or in a large metal bowl placed over a pot of simmering water. Once they’ve melted, add the chocolate soymilk, the vanilla extract and the tofu. Whisk well. Place mixture in a blender or vita-mix and process for about thirty seconds, or until completely smooth.

Pour mixture into pie shell and place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.

To finish the pie, melt the caramels with the cream over low heat in a small pot. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Spread the cream over the chocolate and drizzle the caramel on top. Scatter the peanuts and flaky sea salt all over to top.
Pie can be made a day ahead of time and kept in the fridge.
Powered by Recipage

8 comments:

  1. Ha! Fighting over the blender and spatula for licking rights...MUST be good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, we'd be fighting over the spatula, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is a must try! I can see why there was an argument over the spatula!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are killing me with this pie :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, a decadent pie in 20 minutes! You go, girl!!! Looks DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my kind of pie! It would last all of ummm 1 day in our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the kind of pie from outside looks not so nice... maybe need more style or design yet...

    Batam Food Review

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snickers are one of my favorites so this pie is totally calling my name!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...