Thursday, December 6, 2012

Biscoff Blossoms


The Christmas season is in full swing and that means lots of baking for me.  I am still trying to stick to one cookie recipe a week.  I haven't really broken that rule yet but this is the first week of December.  

This cookie recipe is a special cookie recipe.  I bookmarked this one a couple months ago from Baker Street. Biscoff is all the rage right now and these sounded delicious.  When I got my good cookie spatula from OXO I knew this would be my recipe.


Are you a good cookie?
 
Last year, the OXO “Good Cookie” Spatula helped raise over $250,000 for pediatric cancer research as part of OXO’s partnership with Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to raising funds for pediatric cancer research. The program is back again in 2012, but the Spatula is now available in orange, the favorite color of the little boy who inspired it all. 50% of the proceeds of each cookie spatula will go to pediatric cancer research. Not only is this Spatula a great cooking tool, but it’s a constant reminder to “Be a Good Cookie.”

Get your good cookie spatula at OXO or Amazon. I got a few extra to giveaway with some Christmas presents.


Mr. J and I sampled quite a few of these just to be sure they were OK.  We convinced ourselves with full bellies and then package them up to be shipped to some special friends for Christmas.


Biscoff Blossoms

by Emily Morris, Bakerstreet
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert biscoff cookie


Ingredients (48 cookies)
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup creamy Biscoff spread
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose (or white whole-wheat) flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 48 Hershey’s kisses, unwrapped
  • About 2/3 cup sugar, for rolling the cookie dough
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or mist with cooking spray.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the butter, Biscoff spread, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat together on medium high speed until light and creamy, about 3-4 minutes, scraping down the bowl as necessary. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined.
Roll dough by even (not rounded) tablespoon-fulls into small balls. Roll each ball in sugar until it is coated completely. Place on the prepared sheet pan about 2 inches apart. (You may need to bake in multiple batches.)

Bake until cookies are beginning to crack on the surface and the bottoms just begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Immediately after removing cookies from the oven, place a Hershey’s kiss in the center of each cookie, pressing it down gently. After a few minutes, transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.

Store cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Powered by Recipage

9 comments:

  1. Biscoff blossoms are one of my all time favorite cookies! Eating only one is just not an option! So glad it turned out well for you too! Thanks for the shoutout! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't know how many of these I'd be able to give away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh everyone is making these! All the cool kids are doing it! Now I NEED TO! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these cookies! And I love OXO's mission as well...I have one of their spatulas and should take a cue from you and do a post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty sure you know about my love for Biscoff, would love these cookies right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these blossoms!! What a great cause too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so yummy! You'd have a hard time getting me to ship them off anywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I LOVE the Biscoff cookies that Delta serves on flights. I need to try these cookies ASAP! Do you have any suggestions on where to find the Biscoff spread?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...