Wednesday, December 19, 2012

WIAW from Claremont, CA

I initially planned to do today's post based off of our Disneyland eats.  Sadly, I completely forgot to take pictures of the food.  At one point I remembered right as we were done eating and the thought did cross my mind to ask the table next to me if I could photograph their meal.  Mr. J was against this idea.

Sometimes traveling is fun. You get to leave the office, see new things, and try new restaurants. All of which are exciting and enjoyable. There are other times when I just want my own bed, laundry seems magical and I can sit in a kitchen all day and play. 

Right now I want to be home. The fun of California wore out as soon as I had to start doing work.  The week before Christmas should be filled with wrapping presents and baking cookies. Instead I am across the country. I feel very much out of sorts. 
 

I am staying at a Doubletree.  The breakfast buffet is pretty impressive and very much California in style.  They have chicken sausage and broccoli.  Fresh fruit.  Breakfast burritos.  The blueberry muffin looked too good to pass up.


For lunch, we ate at Bua Thai in Claremont, CA.  We shared the spring rolls and each got a lunch special.  There was so much food.  Lunch specials make me happy since they are typically less expensive but same quality and quantity of food.  All of this was about $11.  I loved that my hot chili and basil chicken came with a side of brown rice and veggies.


Sitting outside in the middle of December in a t-shirt with hot chocolate and fountains trickling in the background is something I could easily get used to.


We had dinner at Cask N Cleaver Steakhouse.  There are lots of steakhouses around here.  Mr. J is in heaven with all of the steak possibilities. 


Dinner started with a salad since I seriously feel veggie deprived this week.  I added a side of broccoli to my peppered kabobs. 


Now I cannot wait to be back on the East coast, making last minute Christmas cookies, and packing up to see the family in Maine. 

What are you most looking forward to for Christmas preparations? 

4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to go to Disneyland. I've been to Disney World a few times, but something about being in California just makes everything better! :) Like that breakfast... I wish the breakfast buffets at the hotels I stay at had nice looking food like that. Most are just jazzed up cereal bars.

    And in your "You Might Also Like:" section with the post "Good Things," I see that you wear (or wore?) grey new balance shoes?! I love those shoes. I have multiple pairs and I'm actually wearing them right now. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas prep - I don't think I really have a 'favourite' but - I just love it all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss California!!!
    Moving away 3 years ago was the worst feeling ever.
    I miss my fabulous restaurants and of course Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...