Thursday, December 27, 2012

One Bowl Coconut Macaroons



I have decided that holiday baking should continue right through New Year's Day.  I plan to keep on baking and cooking for as long as I can before work gets all hectic again.  Good thing too since it looks like the weather today is going to keep me inside.




One of my favorites and my mom's favorites are coconut macaroons.  No one else gets excited about these cookies but for some reason they always disappear very quickly.  Even when my mom and I are not eating them.




This is a super simple, one bowl recipe that is sure to please even those non-coconut lovers.  Don't listen if they say they won't eat them. Trust me, they will.




One Bowl Coconut Macaroons

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert coconut cookie


Ingredients (12 cookies)
  • 1 pkg. (14 oz.) flake Coconut (5-1/3 cups)
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 6 Tbsp. flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions
Heat oven to 325°F.

Combine coconut, sugar, flour and salt in large bowl. Stir in egg whites and extract until blended.

Drop coconut mixture into 36 mounds, 2 inches apart, onto greased and lightly floured baking sheets, using about 1 Tbsp. coconut mixture for each.

Bake 20 min. or until edges are golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire racks; cool completely.
Powered by Recipage

3 comments:

  1. I believe you! They will eat them if I can't get to them. I keep looking for a simple recipe that I can make well, my husband likes, and isn't one that one of his baking sisters doesn't make. This may be it! (I'll let you know!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these macaroons. I could eat the whole tray full in a day. :) I need to bake some more... didn't do enough since the family was sick over holidays. We are making up for our missed Christmas by making New Years extra special. Wishing you a Happy New Year 2013!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...