Friday, December 21, 2012

Cranberry and Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies


I needed some cookies today. Our trip home had delays, missed layovers, and road closures. We didn't crawl into bed until 2am.  This morning was rough.



We were heading up to Maine for the holidays.  I had big plans of cookie baking, granola making and present wrapping all before our noon departure time.  2am did not help these plans.


I did manage one batch of cookies. I am glad I picked this recipe.  Not only are they delicious but incredibly festive too.  Red and green.  Perfect for Christmas.


Now hopefully Mr. J and I don't snack on them all during the drive home.


I plan to be posting a few more last minute cookies recipes in the next couple of days.  Being without a kitchen last week has me itching to do some baking.


Cranberry and Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert Christmas cookie winter


Ingredients (24 cookies)
  • 1/2 cup butter (softened)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1cup dried cranberries
  • 1 cup dried pistachios
Instructions
Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until well combined.

Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.

Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.

Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.

Mix in the rolled oats, cranberries, and pistachios.

Place the dough onto a cookie sheet one table spoon at a time.

Bake in a 350F preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
Powered by Recipage

6 comments:

  1. Funny! I just made a cranberry pistachio Biscotti.
    But what made looks delicious.
    I just nominated you to a Liebster Award. Congratulations! You deserve a recognition.
    Check my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gosh, these look incredible! My kids would prefer your chocolate/peppermint cookies, but I'd go for these in a heartbeat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the combination of pistachio and cranberry here. :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you rrecipe for making oatmeal cookies festive for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...