Sunday, December 9, 2012

Weekend Edition: Holiday Fun


Ding-A-Ling!  It's Christmas time.  This weekend decorations came out.  Shopping was done.  Presents were wrapped.  I would like to say we are all done, but there is still more I would like to do.


I told myself this year I was not going to get too stressed out. Next week is very busy for me, going to South Carolina the first part of the week followed by a trip to Boston on Thursday, then Albany on Friday.  The big news is Saturday I leave for California.  This is partly for fun and partly for work.  The time I get back from this trip it will be Christmas.  Needless to say I have pretty much decided that if it wasn't done this week it it might not happen. I am OK with that at this point.  I am more worried about finding time to do laundry.


We took a mini trip to Trader Joe's Saturday night.  Saturdays at 7pm is the time to go.  It was so much more quieter than normal.  No need to fight a path through the aisles.  I think I gained 10 pounds just looking at all of the goodies.  Truffles, chocolates, cookies, caramels, popcorn. This list goes on.  Of course I like homemade treats but that doesn't stop me from longing for a few of these.  Nothing I need but everything I want.

What are your favorite Christmas treats?

In case you missed it here is what I was up to this week:




                        2 comments:

                        1. I always say that we put too much pressure on ourselves during the holidays to enjoy it. Do you best and enjoy yourself most of all. You had a great week in food!

                          ReplyDelete
                        2. Have fun in California! It's good that you're okay with not getting some stuff done; I have a hard time letting go of things, hence why I'm always stressed! Sweet jesus, I wish I had a Trader Joes! All that candy and chocolate goodness looks like heaven.

                          ReplyDelete

                        Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

                        You might also like reading:

                        Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...