Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Peppermint Mocha Latte and WIAW


I am in quite the festive mood this week. I am not sure what clicked but it did and here I am singing Ho, Ho, Ho to strangers.  Yes, I am an odd sight.  Before I took off for South Carolina this week I made this holiday treat for breakfast.



Starbucks holiday drinks are so much fun. I look forward to them all year.  One of my favorites for Christmas is the Peppermint Mocha Latte. My budget cannot afford one every day so I decided to make my own. 




Yes, it does taste like the real thing.  Best part is you can get all of the ingredients to make about 50 of these for the price of one Venti size at Starbucks.  Merry Christmas to you!




Peppermint Mocha Latte

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: beverage peppermint coffee


Ingredients (serves 2)
  • 2 cups chocolate soy milk
  • 2 cups coffee
  • 1 drop peppermint extract
  • whipped cream, optional
Instructions
Brew some coffee and heat milk in microwave until hot. Mix peppermint extract into coffee. 

Foam milk with milk frother or just pour hot milk into cup.

Top with whipped cream.
Powered by Recipage


Lunch was a little miserable.  We had exactly one hour in the Atlanta airport.  For those of you not familiar with the ALT one hour is barely enough time to go to the bathroom and find your next gate.  I had to fit all of that in plus buy lunch.  The next flight ended up being in the same terminal which was extremely helpful time wise

Bad news was that terminal stunk for food options.  Quizno's was pretty much the only option.  Let's just say I was happy I grabbed an apple that morning.


Dinner was much more respectable.  I got the special at Blue Heron.  Steak with crabmeat, fried mash potato cake, and collard greens.  

I cannot complain about the middle meal when the day started and ended so well.

Do you LOVE the holiday Starbucks drinks?

What is your favorite?

7 comments:

  1. Bummer about quiznos being the only option.. however, quiznos is pretty darn tasty to me & at least you were able to make up for your less than marvelous meal at dinner!

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used chocolate soy milk! This tasty drink will be making an appearance at my house soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, because I actually like Quizno's way better than subway :) All of ours locally closed though, so Subway it is :D My favorite at Quizno's was their wheat bread with turkey, lettuce and a little ranch. Toasted of course. I just love the seasoning that they add! I know most people prefer Subway though.:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of peppermint, I got myself a tin of Trader Joe's Peppermint Hot Chocolate. I can't wait to taste it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eyed that the other day. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  5. Love the latte. My kids love subs... they would have enjoyed your Quizno's. We have never been there.. yes.. it's true we need to get out more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...