Monday, December 10, 2012

Soups On at Panera Bread

This weekend Mr. J and I set about for some holiday fun.  First up came The Nutcracker.  We aren't able to make it into the city this year before Christmas.  Instead we decided to see a local rendition of The Nutcracker with The New England Ballet.  

Next came holiday shopping.  Hitting the mall up on a Saturday in December probably wasn't the smartest idea.  It was busy and we were exhausted.  After a few hours it was pretty clear I was not going to be making dinner.  

Thank goodness for Panera. I eat at Panera quite a bit.  It is my first choice for lunch whenever I am traveling.  The menu has so many options and the "pick two" meal gives even more combination possibilities.



Not only is the variety of options endless, the quality of food is great.  I always feel like I am getting fresh, nutritious ingredients.  I worry when I am traveling that I don't get enough fresh vegetables.  One lunch at Panera and I am good for the day.

To refresh from our frantic shopping trip, nothing seems quite as ideal as a quick but delicious meal at Panera.


My favorite soup is the creamy tomato soup with topped with Asiago croutons.  I like to soak it up with their whole wheat baguettes.  My next two top choices are the cream of chicken and wild rice soup and the cheddar broccoli.  Needless to say I have some issues at each visit picking what I am going to order. I like to think I am on a rotation schedule.

This visit I was a bit disappointed.  I think we weren't the only ones thinking Panera was a good way to refresh from the holiday shopping.  They were all out of real silverware and gave us plastic.  I ordered the steak and bleu cheese salad but was told they were all out of steak. That was OK though since like I said, there are plenty of options to pick from on the menu.  I ended up with the creamy tomato soup and the chicken cobb with avocado salad. It was warm, filling and filled with vegetables.  Dinner ended and no dishes needed to get done.  I am thinking dinner at Panera might become a holiday shopping tradition.  

 

Disclaimer: I was provided with a $10 gift card to Panera as part of the Tastemakers program from dailyfood Buzz.  The opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting picked for the Tastemaker program. I like the idea of Panera after a day of shopping .:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...