Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin Toffee Cookies


Bare with me for a second.  I wanted to make cookies...pumpkin cookies.


I wanted them to have a little something special.  Chocolate chips were a no brainer.







But I wanted more.  And so I thought...pumpkin spiced lattes. 

Pumpkin and coffee = goodness.




When I think of coffee, I think of toffee.  Maybe it is because they rhythm.  It could be a stretch.  I went from coffee to toffee. 

My cookie was born.




And they were good.  Really good.  A bit more cake like than chewy cookie but definitely really good.




Pumpkin Toffee Cookies

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert pumpkin cookie fall
Ingredients (16 cookies)
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 cup toffee pieces
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Instructions

In a bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.

Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin. Fold in chocolate chips.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Powered by Recipage


Part Time House Wife

12 comments:

  1. I love your thought process and these cookies look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smile. Your thought process was perfect. Followed you all the way through :-) Thank you for sharing. These look like the perfect treat to bring to my pumpkin carving party on Saturday. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take pictures of your pumpkins. That sounds like such fun. I always fail with my pumpkin carving but enjoy the process.

      Delete
  3. Oh, great idea to combine pumpkin and toffee! I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look too addictive to be at my place :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had three right off and then took them to work. They were promptly eaten up.

      Delete
  5. Mmm...Mmmmm... YES! These cookies look like perfect little mounds of goodness. I can eat more than one since it's full of healthy pumpkin too. :) Have a wonderful weekend. ~ Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkin toffee cookies what?? Why didn't I think of it sooner? It's my two favorites in one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...