Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekend Edition: Hurricane Cookies

This hurricane has turned me into more of compulsive cleaner than normal.  I somehow found myself doing a deep scrub of the kitchen sink and cleaning out old spices from the spice rack.  Clearly this is absolutely necessary to prepare for a massive storm heading in our directions.



Thank goodness for cookies. Unfortunately I have a pretty strong feeling that the cookies will be way gone before the storm even hits.  Although given the fact that the storm is 800 miles big maybe not. 


Today I am busy tying up some loose ends for work next week and getting posts ready to go on the off chance we lose power.

Hurricane Cookies (Chocolate Chip Coconut)

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Keywords: bake chocolate cookie



Ingredients (24 cookies)
  • 11 1/2 ounces semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1/2 shredded coconut
  • 1 cup coconut oil
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Instructions

Heat oven to 375ºF.

Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside. In large mixing bowl, beat coconut oil with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color.

Add eggs and vanilla, one at a time. Mix on low speed until incorporated. Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
Powered by Recipage

In case you missed it here is what I was up to last week:







9 comments:

  1. I hope you don't get a hurricane. It is scary and dangerous. You don't even know your house is existing or not.

    Hurricane cookies looks delicious. Stock up load of water, food and alternative light sources. Power, Water and Gas is first thing going to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely filled up our gas tanks in the cars. That was a pain too. Everyone was in line getting ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are watching Sandy from the other side of the world and worrying for you all. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck my friend I am sure everything will be ok! Stock up on these cookies :)

    Hugs
    Uru

    ReplyDelete
  5. These will be perfect storm-munching cookies :) Stay safe/dry/warm (as I hopefully will be) !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that cookies are a storm essential. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're getting pounded by Sandy as I type. I hope she is nice and goes away fast. I would love a cookie... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm cookies with coconut oil! I loved the ones I made like that. An yeah....hurricane. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure if you handed ol' Sandy some of these cookies, she might calm the heck down and leave everyone be! So there's the solution to the hurricane; just throw these into the eye of the storm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...