Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Slow Cooker Baked Apples

I have been giving way too much attention to pumpkin this fall.  I think for every one apple recipe posted there have been at least three pumpkin.  My apologies.  I actually love apples but eat them just plain.  Raw.  Delicious.



Last week Mr. J was in Alaska.  All week.  I hate Alaska.  Not only was he gone but talking is nearly impossible with the time difference.  He was getting done at work just as I was climbing into bed.  5 minutes conversations just aren't enough.  He is back now so enough of that...the point is I was by myself.  Bored.  I couldn't really cook because when I cook massive amounts of food accumulate.  Instead I played on the internet until I found something suitable.  



Slow Cooker = Easy

Apples = Healthy

Brown Sugar and Walnuts = Smile

These were super quick and easy to get prepped.  Then all I did was turn on the slow cooker for 3 hours.  



You could call this dessert but I called it the most perfect fall snack.  Breakfast is also very much an option.  I had these baked apples for both.

Enjoy! 
 
Crock Pot Baked Apples

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Keywords: slow-cooker apple fall



Ingredients (serves 6)
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 6 Gala or Macintosh apples, cored
  • 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
  • 2 tablespoons orange liquor (optional)
Instructions
Preheat a large crock-pot on high heat and preset it for 3 hours. In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, walnuts, butter, and cinnamon. Fill the apples with the filling and place them in the crock-pot. Pour in the apple juice or cider and the liquor, if using.

Cover and cook 2 1/2 to 3 hours on high heat until the apples are soft and begin to collapse.
Powered by Recipage

5 comments:

  1. Healthy and easy recipe.Love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, boy...I think I love apple recipes even more than pumpkin, so these are calling my name! Easy, delicious and darn light for a dessert..hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do this with apples... all the flavors of apple pie without crust. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love apples too! These baked apples look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh these look fantastic! I love that they're from the slow cooker. I don't think I've made anything apple yet...I better get on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...