Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes



I used to be a big fan of French toast. That was my special breakfast request.  Coming home from college this was one of the things I wanted my mom to make me.


Funny how times change.  Now I am much more of a pancake lover.  Sure I probably would sit down to French toast but given the option I would order pancakes. 


Lately pancakes have come to be trend themselves.  Funfetti, brownie batter, pretty much any flavor you can think of I am sure you can find a pancake recipe out there.



Being fall and all pumpkin seemed to be the right choice for pancakes this week.  The recipe was super easy to throw together yesterday morning before work.  Mr. J wanted eggs instead.  He doesn't know what he missed. 

Pumpkin Pancakes

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: saute breakfast pumpkin fall



Ingredients (8 pancakes)
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
  • pinch of ground cloves
  • 1 cup milk
  • 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 egg
Instructions

Whisk all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, nutmeg, and a pinch of ground cloves.

In a separate bowl, stir together milk, pumpkin puree, melted butter, and egg.

Fold mixture into dry ingredients.

Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat; pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.

Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side; serve with butter and syrup.

Makes 8 to 10.
Powered by Recipage

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how your husband passed these up for eggs! These look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the little flakes of almond on top! Absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine sure wouldn't pass up pancakes for eggs! :) In fact, I've been meaning to make him pumpkin pancakes and somehow something always comes up... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic fall pancakes. :) Have a wonderful weekend my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...