I am not a huge candy fan. I do like chocolate but Easter doesn't scream chocolate unless it is in the shape of a large bunny. However the other day in the store I spotted some cute M&Ms and immediately I knew how to celebrate....Easter cookies!
Who can say "No" to the green M&M? Not me, she is my favorite.
Just looking at the fun colors makes me want Spring and dyed Easter eggs!
1 1/2 C flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 C M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Shift dry ingredients together in bowl.
3. In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars together until creamy. When blended add vanilla.
4. Add in egg and mix until combined. Scrap down the sides of bowl.
5. Add in M&Ms and fold in by hand.
6. Scoop Tbsp sized balls on to cookie sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes. The cookies will just turn golden brown.
This made my day. The weather also turned remarkably warm and sunny. Mr. J and I enjoyed our cookies and went for a walk.
How did you spend Easter?
Is it FINALLY spring where you are?