Saturday, April 16, 2011

To diet or not to diet

I am almost too embarrassed to post this.  Earlier this week Mr. J and I decided to go on a San Francisco diet.  What does this entail you ask?  Well, basically we said we were going to eat healthy for the next few weeks so we can really indulge on vacation. 

A part of me thinks that is not a good idea to begin with because our intention to anticipate eating a ton in San Francisco.  I never want to anticipate eating a ton.  It kind of makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. 

But this is besides the point, the point being is that we made this decision and no more than 30 minutes later Mr.  J asked me about dessert.  I really need to  learn to lie to my husband.  I instantly rattled off about 6 different local options for cookies, ice cream and cakes.  This is what happens when we decide to eat healthier; I stop making desserts so we go out for them.

The night ended with two twisty frosties - chocolate with chocolate chip cookie dough. 

Mr. J vowed that this was alright because the diet really starts the next morning!  Isn't that how it always is?

4 comments:

  1. lol you two are funny. I can never say I'll diet because this always happens. Instead I just make healthier choices throughout the day and never deny myself an indulgence here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't wish to toot my own horn! but vegetarian food can be a lot more indulgent and taste really good whilst being healthy at the same time!
    check out my recipes for tasty and healthy dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is how it works in all parts of the world my dear :-) My mum always starts a diet on Monday because she has to eat everything that we have in the house on Sunday. I start a diet almost everyday and I forgot about it a few hours later :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diets start on Mondays... everyone knows that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...