Thursday, August 18, 2011

Frenando's Grille Restaurant review


I travel for work so a fair amount of my time is spent in hotels.  I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Over the years I have built up some pet peeves with hotel stays.  One of them is when the housekeeper moves my things.  I know I can put up the "do not disturb" sign on the door.  However, one of my indulgences at hotels in a fresh towel every day.  If no one cleans the room, no towel for Emily.  For the most part this is not normally a problem, but this week in New Jersey my shoes were moved across the room and put under the night stand.  I am a neat person to begin with so these pairs were strategically placed uniformly out of the way against the wall.  For some reason, the housekeeper decided they were better off in the cabinet.

Traveling for work also allows for many interesting restaurant experiences.  Lucky for me on my trip to New Jersey this week I had some really good eats.  The clients I was working with decided it was their job to make sure we were fine dining around town.  This, of course, was right up my alley.

Dinner time was at Fernando's Grille in Hightstown, NJ.  There were a handful of options I was eyeing on the menu but after the waitress mentioned that the scallops were the most popular dish I was sold.  Three massive sea scallops on top of rice pilaf and steamed spinach, served with a grilled tomato.  The scallops were cooked to perfection, moist and tender. 

I ended the night with a little big latte.  It was a work trip after all and there was much to be done before bedtime.  It is not always all play for me.  Good thing I get to go back a few more times in the coming months.  Can you guess where I will be making a stop?



173 Mercer Street
Hightstown, New Jersey
609.443.4488


Do you travel for work?

What do you like best about work trips?

4 comments:

  1. Those scallops look fantastic! I guess with hotels you have to take the good with the bad, and if nothing else, it makes you appreciate home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how sweet scallops like this taste. The dish looks great. I am one of those people who enjoy lattes at night

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dinner looks amazing and I'm glad you enjoyed it! I appreciate that people want to make your room more pleasant, but leave the stuff alone!

    My other pet peeve is someone who didn't check the towels to see if they're worn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never got the opportunity to travel when I was working! Wish I would have!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...