Saturday, August 20, 2011

6 Ingredients: Simplest Cookies Ever


I may have hit jackpot last night in the search for the Great Harvest Bread Co. recipe for Flourless Peanut & Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I did pretty well with these babies but alas they had flour so I knew they weren't the ones. 


Then, I found a 5 ingredient cookie recipe and I thought maybe...only thing missing was the oats.  It makes them healthy I promise.  I whipped this up in 5 minutes flat. Heating the oven up was the longest part of the whole shebang. 

Flourless Peanut Better and Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 C creamy peanut butter
1 C firmly packed light brown sugar
1 C rolled oats
1 large egg
1 tsp baking soda
½ C milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips. When blended, mix in the chocolate chips.


Form 1 1/2 inch balls (dough will be very wet and sticky) and place onto a lined cookie sheet. 

Bake for 9 minutes. Let the cookies sit on the cookies sheet for about 1 minute before letting cool on a wire rack.


19 comments:

  1. These look so packed with flavor, it really is hard to believe that there is no flour ingredient. Glad you added the oats. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could buzz the heck out this recipe. I LOVE IT! I have never seen a cookie like this- fantastic! I am definitely making this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Em, to the Gee... I think I'm in LOVE! I want one of those really really bad... beautiful recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could eat like ten of those right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those sound yum, thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love flourless PB cookies! I love the idea of adding the rolled oats to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, these sound absolutely delicious! I love the idea of no flour and oats in them. ...and that they are quick is a bonus! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm. SImple and incredibly delicious looking. Totally my style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is awesome! I love that it uses oats instead of flour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. simply delicious I like the oat peanut butter combination
    Emily I am following you on google friends
    regards Akheela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fast, easy and delicious! Can't really beat that! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo, this recipe is a keeper. I am saving it to make for my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow so easy to whip together and they look delicious. I couldn't even tell they were flourless really.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great recipe! These look delicious, you'd never guess that there is no flour. I definitely have to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fabulous and easy recipe, these cookies look delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a simple recipe, but looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm constantly saying that, too: "The oatmeal makes it healthy" but my family still complains.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OHHH YUMMMMMMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pictures you took are awesome! I want to eat one of these cookies now!

    I do not think I can let it sit for a minute before I dig in :)

    We just started following your blog!!

    Love,

    http://chickswholovetoeat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. yumyumyum i brought these to a bible study and everyone gobbled them up these were SO good!!! and pretty healthy, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...