Saturday, August 27, 2011

Its official

We are officially stuck in DC through Sunday.  Everything has been canceled and there is no way to get back short of renting a car this very seconding and heading out.  One-way car rentals are the absolutely last resort.  Plus I heard on the news that all of the bridges over the Hudson close when the winds get over a certain MPH speed.  I am not a huge bridge fan to begin with. It doesn't sound like much fun to be a a very high bridge when there are strong winds.  I think we will wait it out.


We started out yesterday in Georgetown.  We are actually staying in Arlington so it was just a quick walk over the bridge to get to Georgetown.  We had hoped to go on the Canal boats but there was a crack in the hull and it was closed.


We did go on a beautiful walk.  I definitely could live in a little townhouse down here.  I loved watching this little duck.  He couldn't decide if he wanted to go for a swim or not.


After doing a little walking tour all over the Georgetown area we stopped for lunch at Le Pain Quotidien.  Five of us each got something different.  We all sampled and it was great.  I think the theme for the weekend could be sharing. 


There was no way to leave Georgetown without stopping at Georgetown Cupcakes.  I love them to death and was dying to share the experience with my family.  The line was actually not that bad.  I have seen pictures of it stretching so far you couldn't see the end.


Hint: If you know you are going to be in town, order in advance.  All you have to do is place the order before 8pm the night before. You can order any flavor, any amount.  You can walk right in to pick them up.  I am not going to lie, you feel pretty good going to the front of the line.

We got an assortment of our favorite flavors, including coconut, lava fudge and red velvet.


In case you didn't know, the best way to eat a cupcake is to cut it in have horizontally and make sandwich. It the optimum ratio of cake to frosting in every bit.  Yum!

Before dinner, I was able to meet up with some friends for drinks.  The rain made us change our outdoors plans but a good time was had by all!



15 comments:

  1. I bet all of the rental cars are gone too by now. Be safe guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love walking around Georgetown.... It's been years, before cupcakes, even. Hope the storm doesn't cause too many problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from MD, around the DC area, and its nuts to me that things are on such a serious lock down. But Georgetown has some amazing resturants and DC resturants are honestly my favorite. Georgetown Cupcakes are pretty stinkin delicious too. I'm a little jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to Georgetown cupcakes and I am totally jealous that you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy I LOVE Georgetown Cupcakes, they're the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been to Georgetown Cupcakes those look good. I like your how to eat a cupcake idea, I never really figure it that way but it makes sense..
    I will have to explore Georgetown my next time in DC.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cupcakes are so cute! My favorite way to eat a cupcake is to remove the bottom and eat it first. Good luck getting home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you can't beat it...eat cupcakes...What a fun ways to indulge - cupcake sandwich

    Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would order another box of those amazing looking cupcakes and stick it out in Georgetown. The car rental sounds like a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never seen anyone do that to a cupcake before, i may try it next time, stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Be safe - and the cupcakes look delicious! There are worse places to be stuck then an amazing city like Georgetown!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely sounds like a time to just sit tight.

    Coolest way to eat a cupcake ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you had a safe weekend. And that's a pretty nifty way to eat a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They should give you some cupcakes to review or maybe do a giveaway with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...