Monday, November 14, 2011

Simply Roasted Carrots


This past week I had two major trips.   

The first took me to North Carolina.   



The second took me to Kansas.  


That's 1368 miles to be exact.

I kind of feel like “Where in the World is Matt Lauer” with all of this travel and mileage going on.  During this trip I experience my first “First Class”.  It was pretty fancy I must say. 
  • You get way more leg room
  • First on and off the plane (this was the best part for me)
  • Guaranteed a spot for your carry on
  • Blankets and Pillows (not that I touched that…in fact I was a little grossed out)
  • Drinks times like 50 million
  • Premium snacks, all-you-can-eat
  • Extra head cushion
The only problem was that people were way chattier in First Class.  I have said it once and I will say it again.  I just do not like to talk to strangers.  I will say “Hi” and “God Bless you” if someone sneezes but that is about all.  I don’t want to hear about your day or your trip or why you are traveling. I just want to sit in PEACE. REST. READ.  Notice all of these require only one person. 
 
To take me back to a simpler, more common folk time I decided to show you one of my go to tricks in the winter for dinner.  I don’t know about you but I have such a hard time eating salad once the thermometer drops below 50 degrees outside. 

 But it is those colder temperatures more than ever that force me to monitor my veggie intake.  The more veggies the more nutrients in my body and I think this keeps illnesses at bay.  Seriously 5-9 servings a day is difficult once you remove salad from the equation.  Therefore almost every night for dinner I make roasted vegetables. It is the simplest way to have warm veggies.  Take whatever you desire and prepare by washing, and removing any unwanted outside layers or inside seeds. 


Toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Pop it into a 375 degree oven and bake for 20-40 minutes depending on the vegetable. 


For these potatoes and carrots I added rosemary and garlic.  Now I can top these warm babies on top of a salad and be good to go. 

7 comments:

  1. YUM that looks amazing. I am a carrot freak so this looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a trip!

    Love this recipe - I always use rosemary for potatoes, no idea why I never thought to spice carrots that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true - one feels better when one has plenty of veggies. Check out my latest post and you'll see what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time getting in my veggies during the cold weather too! Roasting them like this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks FANTASTIC! I love roasted vegetables! I love chatting with strangers...but when I get on an airplane, all I want to do is read! I don't even like chatting with my husband on an airplane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of your roasted veg and their cut is super. Too funny on your comments about your trip. Next time just put on an eye mask or travel with stinky cheese ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roasting vegetables is the way to go, for sure. First class,all the way...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...