Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Dinner

The holidays are coming up. I have always been really good at managing my food intake during this time.  Yeah, I eat way more than normal but I try to balance out the richness of some days with lots of healthy, light meals on the off days.  One of the ways I do this besides loads of salads is with fish.  Fish is a lighter kind of protein but still fills Mr. J up.  For our special meal this week we headed off to Whole Foods to find us some good fish for dinner.  Now the last time we did this Mr. J managed to talk me into a 4LB whole fish.  We grilled it. It was delicious. But it was also twenty some dollars and a whole lot of mess.  Not to mention the smelly garbage.

This trip I was not as easily swayed. Or more likely, Mr. J stayed at home.


I ended up getting salmon.  Salmon is one of my favorite fishes to eat. I also find it incredibly easy to make in a few different ways.  Tonight I just rubbed with olive oil and then topped with some seasonings.  I used a blend from Penzeys Spices called Forward.  It is my new go to blend because it works so well with all sorts of meats and veggies.

 Add some basic risotto with white wine and green beans and you have a pretty decent Sunday night meal.


This was the first meal Mr. J and I ate together, home-cooked, in the apartment since last Sunday.  Let's just say it was a great way to end the weekend (even though I am super sad the weekend is over).


6 comments:

  1. Now this is a healthy dinner. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy, gorgeous plate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe the weekend is already over! Thank you for sharing such a tempting yet simple dinner meal! And thank you for your kind words on my own blog. They meant so much! Blessings as the week unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally my kind of dinner! Healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a wonderful meal! Perfect for date night =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...