Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weekend Edition: Thanksgiving Style

Oh man, I don't know where the time went. It seems like only yesterday I was dealing with this...


This was the lovely view outside my  parents house Wednesday morning.  I was completely unprepared both mentally and in what I packed.  Clearly snow boots were not on my mind when coming home for Thanksgiving.


Now I married a Mainer and you would think that 12 inches of snow would not be a problem.  However, apparently Mr. J has never used a snow blower. He grew up with snow PLOWS.  It took a few back and forths before we he figured out what to do.  In the end it was clear enough to get out of the driveway.

Somehow through all of the snow trauma, I completely forgot to take pictures of our Thanksgiving day feast.  Ops!  This first and foremost shows that I am not the best food blogger.  Dinner was a bit stressful this year.  We (meaning my mother and I) had the first kitchen fire. Lesson learned: Do not put the sweet potato casserole under the broiler and shut the door even for just a few seconds.  Fire ensues very quickly. Good thing in our family a charred black, burnt marshmallow is not that big a deal.  On the upside, the sweet potato portion was the best yet.

Finally, we did some Christmas shopping and I found the best tree ever. 


It was covered in food ornaments.


My favorite was the lemon. Or the pickle. Or the pea pod.


I will take one of each.  Please. Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Lots of snow! San Francisco never gets snow and my city in Japan where I grew up also doesn't get snow. It's my dream to spend the holidays in snow... Maybe I watch too many movies. =P I love the food Christmas tree ornaments. I'd be collecting those ornaments if I see them here. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrr. That is an eye-opener. Can just imagine you waking up and seeing that surprising view. Funny how kids and adults see it differently. Lovely ornaments. Inspiring me to get that tree soon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw a pickle ornament the other day and contemplated getting it. It was just so neat and out of the ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like the asparagus one myself! Very cute tree! And I grew up in Maine, and that picture of having to clear the driveway is a great reminder of why I left!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also forgot to take pictures of my Thanksgiving feast-- I figure we can get by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That snow is so crazy! I didn't take pictures either. I was so exhausted from working on a paper, I wanted to just enjoy eating, lol. Those ornaments are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of the amount of snow! I want snow :( I say that now but when I am buried in it in february I'll be singing a different tune lol

    I love those food ornaments though too... so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...