Monday, November 28, 2011

Beef Stir Fry with Parpadelle Noodles


I am a super huge fan of Thanksgiving leftovers but here is my thing.  I like them exactly as they are on Thanksgiving.  No fancy, new recipe for making the leftovers into some creative dish. I want the turkey,  cranberry relish, sweet potato casserole, and stuffing the same way as I had the original.  And that is exactly what I did this year.  In fact I did it two times over.  It was wonderful.  I had my full.  Now it is is time to move on.


And move on we did.  Mr. J style.  My little mini break from work is completely over and I have three weeks of non-stop meeting and trips across the East coast.  To help makes this a bit easier Mr. J is taking on dinner (and cleaning even though I have yet to inform him) duties.

The first meal up was a winner. I think I can get some of the credit because the star of this show was the noodles I picked up from TJ's.  I think they may be my new favorite thing. The parpadelle noodles are thick and yummy all around.  Perfect for soaking up the stir-fry sauce.  See this is clearly something I deserve credit
for.


As for the chopping and the meal itself.  Well, that goes to Mr. J.




Beef Stir Fry with Parpadelle Noodles

Ingredients:
3/4 LB beef sirloin, thinly sliced
1 red pepper
1/2 C snow peas
3/4 C broccoli
1 fresh anthem pepper

Sauce:
1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 C beef broth
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp crushed red peppers
3 dried whole red peppers, chopped roughly
1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
3 Tbsp soy sauce

Directions:
Cook past according to packaged directions.

Put all of the sauce ingredients into a container that can be sealed completely and shake well.

Cook beef in wok.  Add veggies when beef is about half cooked, about 5 minutes.  Add veggies and cook for about 5 more minutes.  Shake sauce so all the ingredients are incorporated together and pour into wok.  Simmer for about 3 minutes as sauce thickens.  Stir to mix all of the veggies and beef into the sauce.
 
Place beef, veggies,and sauce on top of noodles.  Gently toss.  Serve immediately. 


8 comments:

  1. Looks great! Parpadelle are definitely myf avorite pasta shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of soaking up all the flavours with the parpadelle. What a great apres-Thanksgiving meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a good stirfry and I hear ya about moving on. If I see one more piece of turkey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! I like leftovers one time, but after that--no thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the Thanksgiving thing. I can eat leftovers once the next day, but then I am totally over it. This stir fry looks so yummy and I like that you served it with those big noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum - I love stir frys! Mr J did a great job, and those noodles are definitely a genius addition on your part =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parpadelle is one of my favorite pastas and I just love the idea of using it in an Asian dish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...