Friday, February 25, 2011

Making it as a vegetarian

I felt a bit lazy this week so I suggested that Kari over at Jogging with Fiction write a guest post.  I am always trying to think of ways to sneak in vegetarian meals into our weekly routine.  The problem being is Mr. J is a big man who likes meat and potatoes.  Here is what Kari has to say...


When Emily asked me to guest blog on Life on Food. I wasn't sure what I'd talk about since I'm more of an exercise/everyday events-type blogger. I just put a loaf of my fantastic banana bread in the oven, though, so I figured now was as good a time as any to start writing.


I'm a married, twenty-something vegetarian married to Mike, a non-vegetarian. One of the biggest hurdles in Mike and my marriage is what to eat. Raised in a home where dinner isn't considered a dinner unless meat is involved, I've had to get creative.

On top of trying to create filling man meals, both Mike and I are avid runners. Right now, I'm in the midst of some serious marathon training. You definitely work up a serious appetite running over 50 miles as a week.

Dinner in our house has to be hearty, meatless, nutrient rich, and, of course, delicious. Oh yeah, and to make things more complicated, I'm a vegetarian because I don't like the taste of meat, which means no meat "substitutes" for us.

So what the heck do I make? Well, I can tell you that my two must-have staples in our house are beans and peanut butter. Nutrient power-houses that are also DELICIOUS.

Here are some of my go-to recipies:
1. Peanut Butter Stir Fry


2. Quesadilla Casserole






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...