Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pantry cleaning

Oh Monday, why do you have to be so tough?  After a few days of being in the mid-30 range for temperatures old man winter decided to show up again.  It was cold this morning and the weather reports do not look too hot for the coming week.  I cannot believe we can get anymore snow.  But oh Tuesday, I wake up to everything being white once again.  So far, its only about 2 inches but more is to come.  Not only snow but tomorrow lots of ice.  I was suppose to make it to Chicago today but the flight was canceled.  They are expected to get 18-20 inches.  I guess I should be thankful that is not coming here.
My mission for the winter is to figure out the pantry situation in the apartment.  The cabinets are a mess.  None of them in my opinion are made for a set function.  The heights are messed up and the depths of some go back 3 feet.  How do you access the back of a 3 ft cabinet?  It is just wasted space and it drives me crazy not being able to use it.  Maybe the extra snow will prolong winter giving me more time to fix this situation.

This is my biggest heartache.  This is where the 3 feet deep cabinets lay.  I buy quite a bit of bulk goods and then have random bags of grains laying around.  See the pretty white topped containers.  I am slowing getting more and more to take care of the bag issue.  I have a picture from Real Simple that I am trying to achieve.  I think I have a long way to go.


This is the little spinning thing we have.  I store most of my baking supplies and canned goods in it.  Jordan is just waiting for the day when it collapses from all of the weight.  I originally had pots and pans in it but that was not very organized and the handles got in the way of the spinning action.  This is much better besides the weight issue.  However, I still have to spin the whole thing about 5 times before I can find what I am looking for.


Do you have a rough spot in your house?  Slowly but surely I know I will be able to make this better.  I just hope it is sooner than later.  Leave it to me to find a solution right before we move again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...