Sunday, October 17, 2010

Feeling a bit down

It feels like a year since I have been home for a weekend. Really it has only been 3 weeks but the eternity feeling is still there. Friday night was a relaxing night at home with a low key, leftover-esque meal and a movie. We watch the first Twilight movie. Jordan has interestingly enough watch all three movies now - just in reverse order. I really don't think he knows what is going on but he does sit with me. We had a lovely evening of nothingness as the wind and the rain was finally easing up on the Connecticut shore.

It was just my luck though come Saturday morning when Jordan woke up feeling a bit under the weather. The man with a stomach of steel had a stomachache. I ran to the store to get some requested Gingerale and then made some chicken noddle soup - minus the chicken - for lunch.

I cooked the mini bow tie pasta separately while the celery, onions and carrots sauted in olive oil till just soft. There was a bit of minced garlic in there as well. I only had about 2 cups of chicken broth leftover from the black bean soup the past week. Let's just say the soup was rather thick. Once the veggies were soft I put in the chicken broth. I cooked the pasta as directed on the box and then added that to the broth mixture. About 1 tsp poultry seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon of thyme and it was good to go.

I spent the rest of the day running errands, cleaning the very messy apartment, and a bit of shopping. We got a new mattress! Cannot wait for the delivery next weekend. By evening I was beat and off to bed I went.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I wish I had you around to make me chicken noodle soup (minus the chicken) when I'm sick! It looks great! I think I'm going to attempt it this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...