Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Breakfast for dinner


Normally when I have breakfast for dinner it is because there is no "normal" dinner food to have. This week however I was able to buy some nifty pancake and waffle mix at the fun new Natural Food store I found. It was a whole grain Bob's Red Mill mix.


For my bridal shower way back when I got a Cuisinart Belgium waffle maker. I have been wanting to try it out for quite some time. But things were so very busy. I also have this issue with my weekend mornings. I like to have a light breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays and then go for a nice run. Big waffle breakfasts do not go good with runs. So weeks passed and no waffles to try. Once I had my hands on the mix though it was just a matter of time before the waffle maker would get tested.


The batter took all of two minutes to whip up. One batch took the whole waffle maker or I suppose I should say the waffle maker took one whole batch of mix. Against my better judgement Jordan convinced me that we each needed our own 4 pack of waffles.. I made each square with a different topping, maple syrup, apricot jam, and almond butter. Jordan mounded his with butter and maple syrup. It was good! Now I am stuffed though. My stomach is quite heavy and I remember now why I don't go to eat this on the weekends before my run.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...