Friday, October 22, 2010

A taste of fall: Cinnamon Cookies

I was visiting Duke University this week. I love going to Durham, NC. We stay at a sweet hotel, eat lunch at whole foods, and visit yummy restaurants. This trip did not turn out quite as expected - more on that later.

Anyway, before I left I was in the midst of enjoying fall. Work held a fall themed potluck just after I got back and I decided to bring cinnamon cookies. I think cinnamon is just a warm flavor perfect for cool days.



Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies

Adapted from Hershey's recipe



Ingredients:

1/2 C (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 C light brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 C rolled oats
1 10oz package of cinnamon chips
2/3 C raisins (optional - I omitted them.)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Beat butter, brown sugar, and white sugar till creamy in mixer. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla and mix till well combined. Scrap down sides and mix again.


3. Add flour and baking soda mixture to butter mixture and combine. Slowly mix add in oatmeal and then cinnamon chips.



The batter is very thick, but makes for fluffy cookies. I would recommend some kind of mixer such as a Kitchen Aid. Your muscle will take a beating if mixing by hand.


4. Drop a tsp of dough on to cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.

I forgot to take picture right away and before I knew it the tray looked like this. I will say in defense of myself and Jordan that I only made 15 total and they were very bite size. What can I say, they were super scrumptious.




1 comment:

  1. And they tasted delicious! Thanks for bringing these in Em :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...