Sunday, October 24, 2010

New Taste part 2: Brussel Sprouts

Jordan and I always try to have Sunday night dinners as something special. When I was planning this meal I was thinking something special. I had been eyeing brussel sprouts at the grocery store for the past couple of weeks. They are one of the few things which are pretty common that I can say I have never tasted. My dad doesn't like them and we never had them growing up. The strange part is I am not tainted by my dad's disliking in any way. I just have no clue how they taste. I asked Jordan about them and his dad doesn't like them either. Turns out his mom makes them for herself but only steams them. The look of steamed brussel sprouts never appealed to Jordan so he didn't eat them either. Well, we decided to give them a try. After a little only research by Jordan we decided something very simple.
Cut off the bases. Mix with olive oil ought to coat the each brussel sprout. Salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 30-45 minutes in an oven heated to 400 degrees. Toss around 1/2 through cooking time.

Simple, simple, simple.
They were very, very good and we plan to have them again. The crispy brown portions were the best!

I love it how every time I make pork chops I think my looks like a state. For the most part they all look like Texas but it really struck me tonight. So sad it is time for work again. One more week and things should start to slow down. I am in the state of Connecticut though for the whole week. Perfect timing for the new bed - I actually get to enjoy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...