Monday, April 7, 2014

Double Chocolate Pudding Coconut Cookies


After a few months off the Chocolate Party is back in full swing with our gracious host Roxana. April was all about chocolate and coconut. Almond Joys are probably my favorite candy bar and I love chocolate and coconut. I knew the only problem I would have would be narrowing down my choice to just one.



I was really in the mood for cookies the last few weeks. OK that is probably the case for most weeks but what can I say? I love cookies. In the past I have made all sorts of cookies with coconut and chocolate but never one with a chocolate base.  Chocolate cookies are tricky because it is hard to tell when they are done. If you over bake them they are no good.  I have learned over the years that you shouldn't second guess the timer. It digs and you take them out. No question.



I ramped up the chocolate goodness in these cookies by adding chocolate instant pudding. It adds additional flavor and keeps things moist.  I try to make cookies only once a week.  My husband and I were eating these two at a time.  They disappeared way too quickly and we were left cookie-less by Wednesday.



If you are interested in joining the chocolate fun see below on how to participate.
1.) Blog about your chocolate treat. Your recipe must include the two ingredients we choose. It can be a simple no bake treat or a sophisticated layer cake, the complexity level of the recipe is totally up to you.
2.) Include a link back to the Chocolate party page.  Optionally, add the Chocolate Party logo in your blog post or on your sidebar.
3.) Your recipe must be published during the current month. Please do not link old recipes, they will be deleted.
4.) Add the linky code at the bottom of your post.



Double Chocolate Pudding Coconut Cookies

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert coconut chocolate cookie
Ingredients (18 cookies)
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 3.75 oz Jell-O instant pudding mix, chocolate
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut, separated
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Using a stand mixer, beat the butter, the brown sugar and sugar together until combined, about 1-2 minutes, until nearly creamy.

Add the eggs, one at a time and mixing in between additions. Then add the vanilla and combine.

Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and pudding mix, and mix until dough forms.

Mix in the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the coconut using a spatula.

Scoop dough into 2 Tbsp size balls and dip into the remaining coconut. Place onto a parchment lined or silicon lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.

Bake for 10-12 minutes until the dough looks just done and the coconut is toasted. Be careful not to over bake. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Powered by Recipage



9 comments:

  1. I adore chocolate cookies and these are so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to stop at just one cookie too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies look so soft and delicious, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness Emily. These look amazing. I have a pudding box in my pantry just begging to be used... =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily! These look so good. Chocolate cookies are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pudding cookies! And with coconut, even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yayyyy! Love how chewy and perfect the pudding makes these and then the gorgeous toasty coconut on top!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for a yummy cookie! I made a similar cookie a while back but not with pudding, so now I must try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No wonder these cookies disappeared in just few days! They look amazing!
    I love Almond Joy as well!
    Thanks for joining this month's chocolate party Emily

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...