Friday, April 11, 2014

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls are a quick way to satisfy a sweet tooth craving all week long. They taste just like cookie dough but are egg free and safe to eat. 



Sometimes I pride myself in being in the know, liking something way before the rest of the world realize it's awesomeness. Other times I am so far behind. Instagram only came to me a few months ago, years after everyone else signed up.




These balls are also something I waited way too long to explore. Peanut Butter and chocolate chips mixed together with a few other key ingredients to make a safe cookie dough.  You make bite size balls and stick them in the fridge to enjoy as you please.




All this week I have had little cookie dough balls in my fridge.  Available whenever I so please to pop one in my mouth. 


Have you ever seen Field of Dreams?  When the baseball players walk out to the baseball field and ask if this is heaven?  These balls are a bit of heaven. Right in my fridge.


Awesomeness to say the least.




I can only say that these will probably be making a weekly appearance in the foreseeable future.



*This recipe is only slightly adapted from Averie Cooks' cookbook Peanut Butter Comfort. She is beyond the expert on all things peanut butter. If you haven't check out the book or her blog you must!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

by Emily Morris, Slightly adapted from Peanut Butter Comfort
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Keywords: dessert chocolate peanut butter
Ingredients (8-10 balls)
  • 3 tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • pinch salt
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup quick oats
  • 3 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Instructions
In your mixer's bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, and sugars; cream on high speed for 3 to 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy.

Add vanilla and salt and continue to mix until well combined.

Set your mixer on low and gradually add flour and oats, one tablespoon at a time, beating until thoroughly incorporated.

Fold in the chocolate chips by hand.

Form 1-inch diameter balls by rolling the dough in between the palms of your hands.

Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week. The balls can also be frozen.
Powered by Recipage

7 comments:

  1. GAH I need Averie's cookbook!!! These look so insanely delicious. I believe they just might be heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stomach literally grumbled as I was looking at the pictures. I need this in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would stuffing my face with these and be a cookie ball eating fool if I had these around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart Averie and her incredible recipes! ;) These cookie dough bites look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were awesome little bites - we swapped the flour for flaxseed meal and they were gone in no time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...