Wednesday, April 16, 2014

WIAW and an Iowa Visit

I have been such a disaster lately. Plus I think I should just move to the Midwest. I flew to Iowa on Monday.  Everything was easy peasy.  However whenever I try to leave Iowa I have plane problems.  After a four hour delay, I was rerouted to Ohio. I needed to be in Ohio today. With all of the delays I couldn't get back to Connecticut in between. 

 My hotel for the night was handicap. Did you know they don't put shower curtains in handicap rooms?  It was a flood despite my best efforts to keep all water in the tub area.  I felt so bad for the person would was going to clean it up that I got down on my hands and knees to sop up all the water. Now they will just think I am some weirdo who soaks all of the towels.

We won't even go into the clothes situation.  Good thing my two presentations are states away with two different groups. No one will ever know I am day four with only two sets of clothes. Resourceful I am if anything other than a disaster.  

Now on to the eats.  Nothing to special here as I was pretty much trapped in an airport all day long.


Breakfast was at the hotel. A veggie omelet, a slice of whole wheat toast, coffee with milk, a glass of OJ.  The OJ was because I forgot my vitamins. I am convinced I am going to get sick from this trip.


Lunch was at Zombie Burger. I think this has become somewhat of a Des Moines landmark now. A must see according to my colleague.  Since I had been before I knew what we were in for. I was pretty glad I could get my burger in a bed of lettuce.  It was needed as I got a S'mores shake. So good.


Dinner was not as good as I would have hoped. I was a bit excited at the prospect of Chik-Fil-A but once I actually got it I wasn't as thrilled. 


I landed late in Columbus and now have a whole day to chill out before my meeting. 

What is your favorite Airport food?

I am not going to lie, if there is a Starbucks I am one happy camper.  
 

3 comments:

  1. Your hotel had omelettes? That's so cool! I've never been to Chick-fil-a. or Starbucks, for that matter. Your S'mores shake looks so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that situation sounds stressful! Gosh I am not a fan of airport food I avoid it at all costs! But I usually go for the random little sections with pre-made salads, unless there is a frozen yogurt section of course haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zombie Burger? I 'll have to check that out next time we're in DM. We usually eat at Skip's near the airport when we're flying in or out. Hope you get to stay home for a few days now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...