Sunday, April 27, 2014

Weekend Edition: Painting and Chocolate



This weekend was all about chocolate and painting. Not that they go very well together but I managed to finally get around to painting our dining room. I couldn't decide on a color or two colors for the room so I kept putting it off.  I finally went with BM Nelson Blue.  


It changes color depending on the time of day and the sun. It can be robin blue to a sea foam gray.  I love it. (The picture doesn't do it justice at all.)  Mr. J loves that now is can start his bar cart collection of alcohol.


Knowing that the painting was going to take up most of my day on Saturday, I decided on date night for the evening. Date night = no cooking, no dishes.  We went to our favorite restaurant on the town green.  They just changed up the menu for the Spring time.  I got an arugula salad and the hanger steak with Brussels sprouts and sweet potato hash.  It was so good.


Before the painting got started I decided to get some motivation from this chocolate banana bread.  Have you ever had chocolate banana bread? This was my first and let me tell you it is good.  So good!  

That was my weekend and boy did it go by fast.  What were you up to?

And in case you missed it, here is what I was up to last week...

1 comment:

  1. yay chocolate! and I looove that pretty blue color you painted your dining room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...